1. Collection: When you access this site, AICIP collects information relating to your visit including personal information as defined by the Privacy Act in Australia. When you submit any Visitor Data to us, your submission is an acknowledgment of your agreement with the terms of our policy on privacy as set out in these Terms.
Purpose of collection: Any Visitor Data of a personal or sensitive nature that is collected from this site by AICIP will only be used as necessary for the business to be transacted between us and for the purposes of providing our Members with better services.
2. Disclosure & use: We will not sell or transfer your information to a third party for marketing purposes without your consent. Sometimes we need to share information with recognised authorities, regulatory bodies, governments and organisations such as banks to investigate possible fraud or other unlawful activities.
We will not disclose your personal information to anyone else for any other purpose unless we are required by law to disclose it or you tell us we can or should. Other information collected on site might be used by us to enable us to be proactive in assisting you in matters that either you or we have identified as relevant. We may also use the information to contact you and alert you to regulatory or compliance matters that might affect you. Emailed responses and additional or new information regarding the services of AICIP may be accessed on this site based on information we have collected from our Visitors. Much of the information can be collected automatically when a Visitor uses this site.
3. Access: AICIP’s access to the Visitor Data is limited to authorised persons – employees and in some cases contractors and consultants who are all bound by contractual obligations to maintain the confidentiality (where applicable) and privacy of personal information in that data. Where there is a password or keyword provided to you to access this site or any secure part of it, then it is important to keep that password or keyword secret like an ATM PIN.
Subject to the rights of other visitors and persons whose information may be collected and aggregated with yours, you may request access to your personal information that we hold at any time and you may at any time request that AICIP to delete your personal Visitor Data held by us. We will take all reasonable steps to action that request promptly. However, there may be technical or other constraints to comprehensively identifying all such information and completely destroying all details of your visit and the information contained in your Visitor Data, as well as legal and statutory duties and responsibilities imposed on us that might also prevent us from destroying or removing from our records all such information. Nevertheless, your request will be treated, to the best of our ability given those constraints, as a signal that the information cannot be disclosed or used by us without your consent.
Given our commitment to your privacy, we can request verification from you and evidence to support such a request to ensure that the person who so requests that information is the person entitled at law to receive it.
5. Security: AICIP is continually assessing and updating its systems to ensure the security of information on the website as well as that retained on our independent systems. All reasonable efforts are made to provide an acceptable level of confidence that data cannot be used by unauthorised persons or in a manner likely to affect the reputation or standing of visitors or members. We cannot be responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to the information you provide.
6. External links: This web site may contain links to web sites of third parties (“external sites”). We are not required to maintain or update them and such links should not be construed as any endorsement, approval, recommendation or preference by AICIP of the owners or operators of the external sites, or for any information, products or services referred to on the external sites unless expressly indicated on this web site. If you access another organisation’s website using a link from our website, you will leave AICIP’s website and will be subject to the terms, conditions and circumstances of the site you visit, including the level of privacy protection offered on that site. AICIP’s policies and protections will no longer apply once you leave this site.
AICIP makes no warranties and accepts no liability in relation to material contained on external sites. Those sites will probably also have different privacy provisions. AICIP is not responsible for those sites or for any consequences of you accessing them through our website.
7. Communications between us: Where you have provided personal information to us by email, this electronic method will be used in preference to other methods of communication by us. You should indicate in your email if you prefer not to receive material in this manner.
8. Updating: If any of the personal information which you submit to us through the website, changes or becomes inaccurate, we ask that you notify us of the changes through the appropriate forms on the website or you can personally make the changes through your login..
9. Storage: Much of what is collected and stored is for our own use only. The sort of information we store might include personal information such as:
- Your organisation’s legal name or business name.
- Your individual name and title or that of the individual who represents your organisation.
- Your email address of that individual and the organisation.
- The website address and the domain type of your organisation.
- The landline, mobile, postal and street addresses of you or the organisation.
- Information disclosed about yourself or your organisation in the enquiry or message submitted in the Visitor Data.
- The subject matter of an enquiry or message.
- Application information includes personal information; work history; ID number; past examination information.
- Inspector information may include personal information; work history; ID number; examination information.
- Examiner information may include personal information; ID number; past examiner activities.
- Invigilator information may include personal information; ID number; past invigilation activities.
- Examinations are stored for 12 months – complying with ISO 17024.
A piece of code may also be embedded into pages of our website. This provides statistical site usage- AICIP uses Google Analytics and other web analytic tools from time to time to analyse usage statistics on our website. This analysis is performed using anonymous data collected from the AICIP website. No personally identifiable information is collected and we cannot link this anonymous statistical data to any personal information you may have volunteered to AICIP for registration purposes or for any other requests.