AICIP CODE OF ETHICS
The Code of Ethics applies to all members; stakeholders who include inspectors, invigilators, examiners and industry associates. The Code should not be interpreted as a full or exhaustive list of the situations which may present as compliance or non-compliance. All members and stakeholders need to comply with the conditions and the spirit of the Code.
When performing your professional duties, you will:
- Demonstrate Integrity and dignity acting with integrity, honesty and impartiality; acting appropriately, and in a professional manner; comply with all legal and contractual obligations.
- Accept and perform work only within their areas of competence, i.e. within their capability, qualifications, training and experience.
- Not knowingly act, assist or engage in fraudulent or dishonest work or practice
- Apply skill and knowledge in the interest of, their client or employers to carry out work in a proper, impartial and proficient manner; and compete lawfully and faithfully,
- Avoid or advise where a conflict of interest may arise between clients, employers or the public.
- Ensure confidentiality of copyright information or material obtained in the course of your work is not transferred to other parties unless accompanied by the written authority from a duly authorised person.
- Provide professional advice and reports ensuring evidence, opinions or statements are accurate, objective and in a truthful manner; ensure reports and documents are based on adequate knowledge, identified interest, and state any limitations or conditions; and inform clients and employers when, in the interest of health and safety, further work is required or that work is outside your competence.
- Continue ongoing professional development supporting others to further develop their knowledge and experience to improve competence – knowledge and skill to match changes in technology.
- Demonstrate ongoing commitment and responsibility for the welfare and health and safety of the community and the environment, giving this priority before sectional or private interest.
AICIP use of certificate, logos and marks- All stakeholders
You may use the AICIP logo on your business card; letterhead; email signature and/or website. However, any use of the AICIP logo must be carried out in accordance with the rules specified in this document and the AICIP style guide. The following restrictions apply to any use of the AICIP logo:
- AICIP logo shall be used on business cards; letterheads; company websites or signatures of Certified Inspectors. Any exemptions must be approved by AICIP in writing.
- The AICIP logo may NOT be used on badges, clothing, hats or any type of apparel, or physical displays.
- AICIP certification is NOT to be used in such a manner that may bring AICIP is disrepute, and not to make any statement regarding the certification that is deemed misleading or unauthorised by AICIP.
- AICIP logo shall NOT be used in any manner that violates federal, state or local law.
- The AICIP logo, identification card and certificate are NOT to be used in any misleading manner.
- If you are found to be suspended or your certification has been withdrawn you MUST discontinue the use of all claims or references to your AICIP certification and immediately return your certificate and identification card issued by AICIP.
If the above requirements are not met AICIP reserves the right to request those using AICIP’s name, logo, or reference to AICIP in an unacceptable manner, to immediately desist and withdraw such documentation.
Where doubt exists on the use of the AICIP name, or logo, advice should be sought from AICIP before using.