Applicants who fail an examination can request a re-mark or re-sit the examination.
- Applicants can apply for a re-mark of their examination Paper(s). Applicants will need to fill out the remark application form within two (2) weeks from the receipt of your exam results. This can be done through the AICIP login.
- The fee of a remark is $205 per exam paper.
- Four working weeks must be allowed after receipt of the remark application and payment for you to be notified in writing of your remark.
- Candidates can only receive a re-mark on the papers from their most recent exam sat. Re-marks will NOT be conducted during the exam period (application cut off date – results release date).
- An AICIP independent examiner picked at random from the approved AICIP examiners. The examiner has no details of your previous marks or your background. This is to avoid any influence on the objective marking of your exam.
- An initial candidate who fails to obtain the pass grade for any examination paper, may seek re-examination up to two times in the failed papers.
- If you have passed some of the exams, these will be held for a maximum of 2 years from the original examination (first date). Failure on third attempt means no papers can be held and you will be required to re-sit all papers again
Applicants re-sitting an examination have to fill out the application form for the next set of examinations. This can be done by logging in the AICIP Website.
Applicants should contact AICIP in writing if they are unable to re-sit the failed examination paper(s) within the 2-year period. A decision on extending the set timeframe will go to the AICIP board for review.
Applicants re-sitting an examination keep the same examination number.
The fee of a re-sit is:
In-Service Inspector: A, B or E $295 (per paper)
Senior In-Service Inspector: C or D $247 (per paper)
Candidates requesting examination feedback can receive examination feedback OR a re-mark not both. Candidates should contact the AICIP administrator in writing detailing their examination number; preferred contact details and time to contact; and which examination paper(s) they want reviewed. Feedback will be conducted by the AICIP Certification Officer - please allow up to four weeks from the date of your examination feedback enquiry.
In the feedback session applicants will be advised of where their potential gaps may be, and receive guidance on information to assist you when re-sitting an exam. AICIP encourages unsuccessful applicants to seek feedback.
Candidates can only receive feedback on the papers from their most recent exam sat. Examination feedback will NOT be conducted during the exam period (application cut off date – results release date).
Those who receive feedback will NOT eligible for a re-mark of the paper.