Applicants who fail an examination can request a re-mark or re-sit the examination.
- Applicants can apply for a re-mark of their examination Paper(s). Applicants will have to fill out the remark application form. This can be done through the AICIP login.
- The fee of a remark is $200.
- Four working weeks must be allowed after receipt of the remark application and payment for you to be notified in writing of your remark.
- An AICIP independent examiner picked at random from 10 AICIP examiners. The examiner has no details of your previous marks or your background. This is to avoid any influence on the objective marking of your exam.
- The final mark:
- AICIP takes into account all marks of the Examination Paper and moderates again. This favours the candidate usually – for trying, initiative, effort and learning some more.
- If the re-mark is lower than the initial mark, the initial mark stands.
- If the re-mark is higher than the initial mark, then the final mark is the mean of the initial and re-mark. If then within 3 marks of an overall pass – all papers are reviewed with the candidates’ background taken into consideration, usually resulting in a certificate.
Applicants re-sitting an examination have to fill out the application form for the next set of examinations. This can be done by logging in the AICIP Website.
Applicants re-sitting an examination keep the same examination number.
The fee of a resit is:
In-Service Inspector: A, B or E $275
Senior In-Service Inspector: C or D $231
Applicants can request examination feedback.
In the feedback session applicants, will be advised of where they went wrong, where they could have improved etc. Those who receive such feedback are not eligible for a remark of the paper.